Thursday, November 11, 2010

Thirsty Thursday: These are a Few of my Favorite Drinks

Hope everyone caught the Sound of Music reference in today's post title. :-)

Since I am currently studying for a big exam taking place tomorrow morning, I do not have a whole lot of time to devote to today's post. Therefore today's Thirsty Thursday post is going to be a wordless one! Below are a series of pictures displaying my favorite drinks (Non-alcoholic ones you silly college-minded people!).

*Psst! Stay tuned for next week's Thirsty Thursday post! It's going to be a goodie! I'm currently working on the video for it...

On to the best beverages! (Well, in my opinion :))


Green Monster Smoothie



Celestial Seasonings Green Tea (with a White Tea Infusion)



Chai Tea Latte



Cranberry Juice + Orange Juice



Hot Apple Cider


Pink Lemonade


The next drink was my favorite as a child, although I haven't had it in years!

Yoohoo Chocolate Drink


I used to always enjoy a box of Yoohoo with my lunch as an elementary school student. However, Yoohoo Chocolate Drink (note that they don't even bother pretending there's a whole lot of milk in it) is definitely not an EYC-advocated beverage. Just check out the ingredient list:
Water, dairy whey, high fructose corn syrup and/or sugar, non-fat milk, cornsyrup solids, cocoa processed with potassium carbonate, soybean oil (partially hydrogenated), sodium caseinate, salt, tricalcium phosphate, dipotassium phosphate, xanthan gum, guar gum, mono and di glycerides, vanillan, lecithin, calcium ascorbate, natural flavor, vitamin A palmitate, niacinamide, vitamin D, riboflavin.
Umm, yuck. I'll stick to almond milk with a dash of cocoa powder now, thank you very much. :-)

What are some of your favorite beverages? What was your go-to drink as a child?

Today's Recommended Read: Microwave Popcorn Packages Pose Risks (AOL Health)

3 comments:

  1. ahh i totally forgot about crimson orange! hmmm well i do remember yoohoos quite well in my childhood, capri suns, and those grape juices with a twisty cap... although none of those sound good at all anymore. water is my fav go to drink now :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Steve I (aka Popeye)November 12, 2010 at 5:47 AM

    I want a Green Monster if it has spinach in it !

    ReplyDelete
  3. i'm definitely addicted to chickfila's diet lemonade. like it's a problem. other than that i love water and wine! :)

    ReplyDelete