Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Whatever Wednesday: Nutrition Student Interview

If you've checked out my About Me section, you know that I am not a nutrition sciences major but rather an individual with an interest in the food industry and healthy living. However, fortunately for you, I am friends with someone who is majoring in nutrition! 


My friend Chelsea is is currently pursuing a major in nutrition sciences. In order to gain more insight into this major and the world of nutrition, she kindly agreed to participate in an EYC interview for today's Whatever Wednesday post.


For your convenience, I have broken up the interview into separate, shorter segments.


Part One: What sparked your interest in the nutrition sciences major? Which health class has been your favorite? Did the major match your expectations?


Part Two: How can students eat nutritiously in dining halls? What are good grocery store staples? Personal healthy living mantras?


Part Three: Do you read current nutrition books? Where can students go for nutrition advice? What do you make of "breaking nutrition news"? What is your favorite food?


Interesting stuff eh? Did you learn anything new? I especially liked Chelsea's point that people should rely less on supplements and instead focus more on eating a balanced diet. Maybe I should've been a nutrition sciences major after all... ;-)


What are you currently majoring in? If you've already graduated, what did you major in?


Today's Recommended Read: White House Gives Out $60,000 for Healthy Apps (Boston Herald)

3 comments:

  1. I majored in Spanish Education. I love that I have knowledge in a 2nd language but really wish I had pursued something nutrition or sports/exercise science related now. It would apply much more to the jobs I want to pursue now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, I love your different themed days! I'm actually going to try Trader Joe's for my grocery outing this Sunday - I feel like I should give it another chance! I think since it's so new that it's not going to be quite as stocked as it can be just yet...and the produce prices were really great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I completely agree about less supplements and more REAL food!
    Also, you were definitely right about the pacman costume :)

    ReplyDelete