Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Tune-In Tuesday: Thanksgiving Articles/Recipes


I just finished up my last classes before Thanksgiving break, so my mind is only focused on a few things right now: my upcoming flight home, seeing my family and friends, and FOOD. The blogosphere and other media outlets have been buzzing with holiday recipes lately. Whether a recipe in Cooking Light magazine or a food reporter’s review of a dish, I’ve been reading Thanksgiving recipes left and right. Butternut squash and pumpkin pie and sweet potato casserole and herb stuffing…it’s all mouth-watering, but not necessarily nutrition-friendly.

It can be a bit overwhelming to sort through all the articles and recipes out there to find the somewhat healthier options. Luckily for all you EYC readers, you have me to do the sorting for you! J Today’s Tune-In Tuesday post highlights Thanksgiving-themed (lightened) recipes and articles that I have been finding on the Internet lately. Enough of my talking; on to the goodies!


RECIPE: Itty Bitty Pumpkin Garlic Bites (OhSheGlows.com)




ARTICLE: Winter Squash, Warts and All (NYTimes)




RECIPE: Sweet Potato Whole Wheat Bread Pudding (Fannetasticfood.com)

Okay, I have to stop. My tummy is grumbling in anticipation already. Hope this post helped you find a recipe/article of interest!

What Thanksgiving dish are you most excited about?

5 comments:

  1. have a great trip back home!! thanks for sharing the recipes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i am so excited for thanksgiving its insane!! no school, lots of food, and i get to see my siblings who are coming home for the weekend!!! and i would have to say the food that i am most looking forward to is the pumpkin muffins that my family has thanksgiving morning :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have a safe flight home!

    I am going to have to check out these recipes! They look great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Sophie You'll have to send me the pumpkin muffins recipe so I can add it to the recipe list next year!

    ReplyDelete