Thursday, November 25, 2010

Thanksgiving Thursday!

As you probably gathered from the title, I am interrupting the usual EYC format for a special post. I am forgoing Thirsty Thursday this week in honor of today's food and family-filled holiday.

My mom outdid herself with the beautiful Thanksgiving meal this year. Besides the obligatory turkey, she considerately provided all vegetarian side dishes as well. I can proudly say that I helped out in the kitchen a lot this year. I created most of the desserts, and pitched in on many of the side dishes.

Appetizers: Berries and Nuts Mix (Not Pictured: Cranberry Goat Cheese Log with Crackers, Artichoke Hearts, Stuffed Mushrooms)

Mashed Potatoes

Sweet Potato Soufflé

Green Bean Casserole

Wild Rice

Roasted Brussels Sprouts

Stuffing

Desserts: Pumpkin Bars with Cream Cheese Frosting, Turkey Cookies, Pumpkin Pie Bites

I'll definitely be referring back to my last Frugal Friday post on how to use up all the leftovers.

Are you as stuffed as I am right now? Happy Thanksgiving all!


Today's Recommended Read: Kellogg Settles Class-Action Health-Claims Suit (FoodPolitics.com)

9 comments:

  1. I am stuffed right now, too! This is the best holiday!!! Happy Thanksgiving to you, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH girl I am SO Stuffed right now! We just had our second Thanksgiving, and it was a good one!
    All of your food looks aaaamazing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a great Thanksgiving spread! Happy Belated Thanksgiving! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. All the food looks delicious!! :) Hope your Thanksgiving was great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. My hunger levels have been off since Thanksgiving so I didn't get to enjoy it as much as I would have liked! :( But your food looks so great! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like you had a great Thanksgiving! Everything looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I clearly should have made a trip across the street this weekend! The spread looks great Mrs. Isakowitz and Jenny!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Jenny--my aunt made the BEST vegetarian stuffing this Thanksgiving. It was chock full of fresh vegetables and really colorful. It was also really nice and moist, and I think she put some seasoning in it that may be Persian (not sure what it is haha), but the guests all loved it, too.

    Now this post seems a little useless because I don't remember exactly what was in it, or the recipe, but I can have her write it down and I can pass it along to you... I even asked her to freeze some ziploc baggies of the vegetable mix that she didn't use so I could make some original meals out of it while I'm at school--it was THAT good!

    Remind me, and I'll dig up the ingredients for you... I think you would definitely enjoy it as well!

    ReplyDelete
  9. @Nejla Sounds delicious. Please send me the recipe if you can!! Pretty sure my family wiped out our leftovers at home so there wasn't quite anything to bring back to school with me haha.

    ReplyDelete